Dental Implants in Clifton, NJ
What Are Dental Implants?
Whether you have recently lost a tooth due to injury, disease, or congenital condition, dental implants might be the permanent tooth replacement option you’ve been looking for. At Dental Health 360o, our experienced team pairs innovative technologies with a gentle, personalized approach to dental care to deliver exceptional dental implants for patients in Clifton and the surrounding areas. Our dentists walk you through every stage of the implant process, including pre-operative expectations and aftercare, so you feel confident from start to finish.
Types of implants we offer include:
- Endosteal: Meaning ‘in the bone’, these implants are anchored directly into the jawbone. The implant resembles a screw and is made of either titanium or ceramic. Your dentist or oral surgeon will make a small incision in the gums and then drill the implant into place. Once the implant is secure, we top it with an abutment to support the artificial tooth—whether that be a crown, bridge, or dentures.
- Subperiosteal: Positioned between the gums and jawbone, subperiosteal implants utilize a metal frame to support a series of shallower posts that anchor your dental prosthetic. Your dental professional will make an incision in the gums, going deep enough into the gum tissue to ensure enough room for the frame. Once the structure is in place, your gums are sutured and allowed to fully heal before the posts are installed.
To determine which implant type is right for you, our dentists will evaluate the health and mass of your jawbone. Typically, we recommend subperiosteal implants to those with shallow jawbones; however, endosteal implants can still be an option for you with supplemental procedures, such as a bone graft.
Benefits of Dental Implants
When you have a gap in your smile, it can affect more than just your confidence. Missing teeth can also impact how you chew and speak as well as your overall facial structure. Because dental implants are fused to your bone, they act as a long-lasting solution for your missing teeth.
5 advantages to choosing a dental implant include:
- Improves function for more comfortable chewing and speaking
- Creates a younger appearance by supporting the skin and muscle around your mouth
- Increases your confidence in your smile
- Provides a more permanent tooth replacement option
- Ensures proper alignment for remaining teeth
Why Would a Patient Not Be Ideal for Dental Implants
Here are some reasons why a patient may not be an ideal candidate for dental implants:
- Insufficient bone density or quality to support the implant
- Chronic conditions such as uncontrolled diabetes or immune disorders
- Active cancer treatment or recent radiation therapy
- Heavy smoking or tobacco use
- Young age or incomplete jawbone development
- Certain medications that affect bone healing or immune function
- Poor oral hygiene or untreated gum disease
- Active teeth grinding or clenching habit
- Allergy to titanium or other implant materials.
It is important for patients to discuss their medical history and any concerns with our Clifton dental implant dentist to determine if dental implants are a viable option for them.
Ideal Dental Implant Candidates
Being a good candidate for dental implants typically involves having good oral and overall health, sufficient jawbone density, and healthy gums. Candidates should also commit to maintaining oral hygiene and attending regular check-ups. Age is not a limiting factor, and consultations with our Clifton dental implant specialists will determine candidacy based on individual circumstances.
Trusted Restorative Dentistry in Clifton
At Dental Health 360o in Clifton, we offer a full range of restorative dentistry solutions, including bridges and dentures, to ensure our team can customize your dental restoration to your unique needs. No matter the type of treatment you need, you can expect high-quality, personalized care from start to finish.
If you are looking for high-quality dental implants in Clifton, our team is standing by to answer your every implant question. Call us at 201-231-7164 of reach out online to schedule an appointment today!