Gum Disease Treatment in Paramus
Effective Oral Care Solutions
As the leading cause of tooth loss in adults over the age of 35, gum disease is a serious medical matter. Also known as periodontal disease, this painful condition affects three out of four adults at some point in their life. When excessive plaque builds up on the teeth without being removed, it can create toxins that irritate and damage the gums, eventually causing pockets to develop. In advanced cases, it can lead to deterioration of the gum tissue and bones.
Good oral hygiene, along with regular dental cleanings and examinations, can often prevent gum disease. But if you do develop problems, prompt gum disease treatment is essential to stop its advance. A Paramus dentist at Dental Health 360° who specializes in periodontics will assess your overall oral health before recommending the best path towards recovery.
Contact us if you are experiencing these or other symptoms of gum disease:
- Gums that bleed when you eat or brush
- Constant bad breath
- Loose or separating teeth
- Gums that are red, swollen, or recessive
- Changes in your teeth’s alignment
Stages of Gum Disease & Treatment Options
There are multiple stages of gum disease, and possible treatment depends on the severity of your condition.
The levels of periodontal disease are:
- Mild periodontal disease (gingivitis) – This is the stage where your gums are red and swollen, and gum pockets are less than 4mm deep.
- Moderate periodontitis – The gums start to separate from the teeth, and the pockets are 4-6mm deep.
- Severe periodontitis – When gum pockets reach 6-7mm in depth, permanent damage can occur. This includes gum recession, bone loss, and tooth loss.
If caught early, the effects of gum disease can often be treated fully. Gingivitis can usually be eliminated simply with good brushing and flossing.
Other options as the disease advances include:
- Scaling and root planning
- Take-home periodontal maintenance kits
- Pocket reduction surgery
- Gum grafting
- Dental implants
- Crown lengthening
High-Quality Care for a Healthier Mouth
Our mission at Dental Health 360° is for everyone who visits to leave with better oral health. Our state-of-the-art facilities offer the most advanced and effective gum disease treatment options, and we keep convenient hours so you can visit on your schedule. And by giving back to the community, we help those facing tougher challenges so they can access to the same quality care and services.
When you need a dentist in Paramus that knows gums, contact us at (201) 809-9566 to schedule an appointment.